Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hardwood Floor

We recently had some work done on our hardwood floor while it was still under warranty. After talking to the company that installed our floor, M decided we should go ahead and have some more work done on it to get rid of lines that have formed since we have a couple of rugs on the floor. It didn't cost anything near what we thought it would so it seemed like a good idea. They came yesterday for the first of three days to work on it. They told us we wouldn't be able to walk on it, but they didn't have any other warnings for us. When we got home last night, we couldn't believe how powerful the polyurethane smell was. We went to bed but got up around midnight to go to bed downstairs because we felt like our noses were burning. This can't be good for us. M says that he can still smell it even though he left home 2 1/2 hours ago. He also hasn't been able to taste anything today which is connected to his sense of smell. I hope we aren't permanently damaged. We would have loved to leave some windows open overnight or during the day yesterday, but as I mentioned in my post below it is really cold today and supposed to snow. M is going to rescue Max from there and we hope to stay somewhere else for the next few days so we don't have to subject ourselves to the chemicals.

3 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

Oh my goodness, that's horrible. I hope you find some place to stay. Where is Max going to go during the day? That's crazy that they didn't warn you about the chems or smells. I hope the chems don't give you headaches. :(

Mindy said...

Unfortunately, I have a migraine today. It didn't start until after 11 am so I thought I was in the clear.

WAMM said...

"I hope we aren't permanently damaged." Well, at least you can hope that YOU were not permanently damaged. Matthew head was permanently damaged long before you met and has no hope of recovery.