Monday, July 28, 2008

Have you ever done something someone asked you to when you didn't want to?

We had another good weekend. It went by so quickly!

Friday night we went to some friends' house to celebrate the wife's birthday. There weren't many people we knew there so Matthew and I spent a lot of time together.

Saturday Matthew's family friends came through town again and stayed the night with us. I went with the woman to Boulder (a 2 hour drive from our house) to help their daughter pack for her big move next weekend. We drove all that way to pack 10 boxes of books (while she was camping and hiking). We had dinner in Boulder and then drove back to the house. That was 6 hours of my Saturday that I would have rather done something else.


Sunday we had a lazy day. We went to see "The Dark Knight" with our neighbors. We saw it on the IMAX. It was a good movie but really dark. I did enjoy seeing it though. After dinner at Red Robin, I went to work for about an hour. Then we FINALLY hung something on the wall! We have been here over a year and a half and just hung the first something on the wall. I cannot believe it took us this long. We are going to hang a frame around these letters, but we're still working on that. Matthew is building the frame and then I will paint it. I was so excited to finally have something up. Yeah!!

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

I love your "Merritt" letters! Are they black or blue? I can't tell from the picture. And I can't wait to see the frame around it!

We saw Batman this weekend, too, but the Imax was still sold out, so we settled for the regular theater. :( Oh well, it was pretty good.

I'm off to the hot tub. This working 50+ hours a week is wearing me out!