Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random Bits

I was recently accosted (not really) by a friend for leaving my readers (all 2 or 3 of you) hanging about things that have been going on. This post is for you.

  • Nothing has happened with my blood pressure. Every time I go to the store, I forget to check it there. I also forget to add salt to my food. I just really don’t need salt to flavor most things and don’t think about it except when I’m not eating. I guess since my doctor was not concerned, I decided I didn’t need to be concerned either. My blood tests all came back normal. So apparently there is nothing causing the low blood pressure (at least nothing that could be detected via a blood test).
  • After several weeks of taking it slow last summer, Matthew recovered from his concussion. I thought all was well until recently he said, “Mindy can I tell you something without you getting mad at me?” That is generally not a good way to start a conversation, but my curiosity was peeked. He told me that he hit his head recently and it really rung his bell. We now wonder if the concussion will cause that kind of reaction any time he hits his head on something. Other than that, he’s recovered though.
  • Carolyn had her surgery last Thursday. So far it looks as if the surgery was successful. She is feeling better. It is hard to know exactly what is going on without being there to see for ourselves. We are leaving tomorrow to visit her. It will be nice to see her and know how she is doing in person.

Let me know if I have left you hanging about anything else!

No comments: