Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One slow step at a time

We are finally getting around to doing a little bit of decoration. We certainly are not rushing into anything. I would have to say that I am challenged in the area of home decor. I have done a few things recently though that I am going to share. We both like simple and clean lines and don't like clutter. Even though this isn't much, this is what we have at the moment.




I added several items above the cabinets in our kitchen.





Yesterday Matthew hung these doilies in our front hallway. One is a doily my grandmother made for me when I was a kid. I wanted to preserve it when I was in college and framed it very cheaply. I recently had it re-framed for our house. After I got it framed, I remembered the doily my mother had made for our wedding gift. Thankfully they both had blue mats (which match the bathroom they are outside), but I had to get a different frame for the gift from my mom this week. I ended up finding one at Michaels that was on sale. I was thrilled! It was hard to get a good picture of both because I had to stand in a tiny corner to be able to see them both. I think it looks nice and am glad to have something else on the walls. These were the first nails that we have put in our walls. (We used sticky stuff for the black MERRITT letters downstairs.)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I have that same toile shower curtain in our guest bath and I LOOOOOOOOVE it so much!!! Great job on the decorating!