Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our 4th

I worked a normal 9 hour day on July 4th. While I was at work, Matthew tilled part of our backyard. Unfortunately, it is still in this state which is making it really fun to let Max out. Once I got home, I played with Max a while before we left for a Sunday school party - or a 4th of July party at someone from Sunday school's house. It was a nice sunny day. We enjoyed eating grilled burgers and dogs, some yummy sides, and about 5 different desserts for the 5 people that were there (I think I tried them all - you can't say I don't take one for the team when necessary). We had a great time visiting with some folks we didn't know very well. We also saw a fire break out in the field behind their house. It wasn't very close but not too far away either. I have to say that's the first fire I've ever seen. All in all, it was a nice day, and we are both so thankful to be able to celebrate our freedom.








1 comment:

Bethany said...

Looks like you had a happy 4th! Hope the lawn turns out OK.