Sunday, September 9, 2007

Church Today

Today we visited a church for the second Sunday in a row (at least the second Sunday we have been in town in a row). We tried a new Sunday School or "community" today. We really received the warmest welcome we have received at any church in the past two years...even when we answered someone by saying we were from Texas. I'm not sure if you know this, but people here HATE Texans. It is the most ridiculous thing in my opinion, but it's true. This guy today was very excited and told us about several people he knows from Texas that are very dear to him. It was very kind and we really "needed" to hear that from someone after being beat down all the time since we are from Texas.

Anyway, it was a good Sunday and I was so glad to be worshipping in the house of God.

2 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

That's awesome! Although...you're not really from Texas anymore, are you? I was thinking about that the other day after I told a lady that I "just" moved here from TX. Then I realized, it's been over a year...I guess I'm a Washingtonian now! I'm so glad you may have found a church to join! Love you and miss you!

Mindy said...

I think I will always be from Texas...even if I live here for the rest of my life. That is where I got my roots.