Sunday, September 23, 2007

Frustrated...

Have you ever tried to do something you really wanted to do, and just couldn't do it? I had that experience yesterday. I really want to be able to sew...and to sew well. My mother has amazing talent for sewing. You would not believe all the stuff she has made over the years. Obviously, she has a lot of experience with it and started at the beginning herself. But everything I work on, I compare it to her work. Mostly, I would just be happy if I made something I could wear. I have made a pair of pj pants. They are not perfect, but I can wear them this winter.

All week I had an idea of what my weekend was going to look like. I was not going to clean or pick up the house or do any work, I just wanted to work on my sewing (which I haven't picked up since before Christmas), beading, scrapbooking, and reading. I took a sewing class last fall, but it was only two classes. I definitely need more than that so I am looking for some classes to take right now. I started a project that I am sure is out of my league, but I tried to move forward on it yesterday anyway. All that happened was that I got frustrated...very frustrated. Apparently I was already feeling emotional because that just fueled the engine driving the tears from my ducts. Poor M, he puts up with a lot from me sometimes. And wouldn't you know, nothing he tried could console me. Do you ever have days like that? Thankfully, I came back around before the afternoon was over and we had a fun day together. The weekend just didn't turn out like I had planned, but it was a nice, relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

Yes, I've definitely had those kinds of days! I'm sorry things didn't go as planned and you weren't as productive as you hoped, but at least it wound up being relaxing. Maybe with a few more classes, you'll get the hang of sewing. :)