Friday, September 7, 2007

Labor Day Fun


We spent the long weekend in Chicago and then in Michigan (I know that is a bit vague, but we went to 2 little towns in Michigan that you probably haven't heard of) for M's family reunion. We also celebrated his grandfather's 90th birthday. I have now been to a reunion for his dad's side of the family and his mom's side of the family. It was fun to see some people we haven't seen in a long time. All of M's aunts and uncles were there (even his aunt from his dad's side). It was also fun to see S and her family (M's sister). She is expecting a baby girl in November. This will be our first niece, and I am really looking forward to buying girlie things for her.
We were exhausted when we got home Monday night. Even though it has been a short work week, it has been a tiring week. I went to Salt Lake City for a quick trip for work. We have 4 new stores there so I went to meet the accounting folks that work there. Everyone was so friendly. I had never been to Utah before. I thought what I saw was beautiful. Maybe I'll go back another day and have time to explore a little more.

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

You've been so busy, but at least it's been fun. I'm not sure I've ever been to Utah, either. I think I've been to the states all around it but never there. In fact, I think it's the only state west of TX that I haven't been to (or at least through). I'm glad you had a nice time at the reunion, too. :)