Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Things are changing...and it's not just the leaves

I know things are always changing, but there are going to be some big changes on my team at work in the next weeks and probably over the next two years. Until a couple of weeks ago, my immediate team at work had 5 people on it. It has been good to be a small team and we have worked through some issues over the past year. Being a small team helped that process. We have made so much progress since March. It has been unbelievable really. In the past two weeks we have hired an additional 7 people and will be hiring at least 1 more person. I think we have made good hiring decisions with these folks, but I guess only time will tell. We recently merged with another company and my region will be going from 10 stores to 31 stores. It is a lot of growth overnight. It is an exciting time period, but it has also been stressful. I am not completely resistant to change, but I think this has impacted me more than I anticipated. I am questioning all kinds of things now. I currently work in a different location than the rest of my team. I have been doing so since January. I am VERY thankful that I can work close to home. The office is 100+ miles from my house. That is not a feasible drive to make each day. However, I had no idea how hard it would be to be separated from my team. Some days are lonely...and I expect it will be hard to get to know my new teammates over the distance. I am hopeful that things will go well though. The situation has caused me to really think about my position, what I like about it, what I really think about it, etc.

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

Sometimes change feels good (like our move to Washington) and sometimes it really throws a wrench into your plans. I guess it's good that these changes have forced you into evaluating your current position. I hope you will take heart in knowing that God is in control...so easy to say and to "know" but sometimes quite difficult to "feel." Hang in there!