Monday, August 27, 2007

Good (but very short) Weekend

This was a fun and very short weekend. We went to a party Friday night for M's boss and another guy from work's birthday. They both turned 40 recently. It was a lot of fun and I visited with some folks I haven't seen in a long time.

Saturday I had to work half day and M helped a guy from work move into his new house. We went out to dinner and then headed home for some r&r.

Sunday, we visited a church we haven't been to in a while. We have now lived here for a little over 2 years without a church home. It has been miserable at times. This is the first time in my life that I have no Christian friends to hang around. We spend most of our time with non-Christians. It has been interesting and God has taught me a lot about my own pride and "self-righteousness." Anyway, the church service was really great. We were both so thankful to be there and have hope that this could be a church home for us. It is still early to tell, but things are looking good right now. We won't be able to go back for a couple of weeks...we are going to be out of town this weekend and then have company two weekends in a row. But we are looking forward to going back there...that is a feeling we haven't had in a long time.

After church, I had to rush home so I could make it to work. I don't work on the weekends very often, but I am filling in for someone who took off for her daughter's wedding. It has been fun because I am doing something I don't normally do. It has been a little bit of a challenge but a fun challenge.

2 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

Praise God!!! We've been praying for you to find a church home for a while; we pray that this is finally the answer. :)

Love ya!

Susan said...

Mindy--

I found my way to your blog from the last time you left me a comment! Yea for a new blog to read! Also, very impressive on the weight loss...maybe you can be my inspiration! What would you say are the key tips to your success? Maybe I just need to put a ticker on my blog for accountability-- not a bad idea!

Susan