Thursday, August 30, 2007

My "Special" Night

I have had a really busy week. This is the week we close the books at work so it is my busiest week of the month. Since I helped out at another location the first of this week, I had less time than normal to get my stuff done. I will be done on time tomorrow though. M called me on his way home from work and asked me if I was going to be done tomorrow. When I told him yes, he told me that I deserved something special because I had been working so hard. So we ate dinner at Carl's Jr. I know that doesn't sound special at all, but it truly is the thought that counts in this instance. There are VERY few places to eat out where we live and we were both almost home. So we ate at Carl's Jr. Isn't that fun?

Speaking of fun...about a week ago I was in the office of the manager where I work. He is a really nice Christian man, and we were just visiting because I hadn't seen him in a long time. Another girl came into his office, and he shut the door. He told her that I was also a believer (there are not many where I work...a very liberal organization). She immediately hugged me! I don't know why that struck me as being so funny, but I really enjoyed meeting her and knowing that she is a fellow believer. I think because I am not around Christians often, I really cherish the time that I am around someone who is.

No comments: