Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Peace

Isn't peace a wonderful thing? Now, I am not talking about peace as the world defines peace (how do they even know what peace is?). I am talking about true peace that can only come from the Prince of Peace Himself.

I was recently contemplating applying for a new job within my company. It is a job that I REALLY want and have been working toward for a couple of years now. In fact, at the moment it seems to be the only step in a forward direction. There are many pros to having this job, but I found just as many cons. I talked with several people who encouraged me to apply for the job and were completely sincere in their support of my moving in that direction. That felt great and I thought for a time that was a confirmation that I should go for it.

Then I paused to think about what it is that I really want. I want to enjoy my job, and somehow find a way to glorify God as I sit at my computer all day (When contemplating this, I often think about Joseph who always "worked as unto the Lord"-whether he was in prison or working as a house servant.). But I also want to enjoy my family...even if there are only two of us right now. I want to come home from work and be the best "housewife" I can be. I want to put a good, healthy dinner on the table and take care of my home. It finally hit me that this was a much better aim for me at this time. I would not say I am old-fashioned by any means, but I do feel like I am responsible for keeping a clean, comfortable home (M thinks I am crazy for this).

So where before I was changing my mind every other minute about this decision, now I am at peace with staying where I am...at least for now (isn't that just like me to leave this open in case I change my mind?).

No comments: