Tuesday, March 4, 2008

3/3 New Recipe

I made Sweet and Sour Chicken with brown rice and roasted broccoli for dinner. The recipes below were pretty yummy. I especially liked the thickness of the sauce on the chicken. It was pretty easy to get the meal together quickly, which I appreciate a lot these days. I hope you will enjoy this as well. Click on the name of the recipes to find them online.

Sweet and Sour Chicken
Cooking Light April 2007 p. 240

Broccoli with Red Pepper Flakes and Toasted Garlic
Cooking Light March 2007 p. 238
Rather than cooking this in a skillet on the stove, I put mine on a cookie sheet under the broiler. I should have cooked it longer. We both like it when the broccoli is a little crunchy.

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

These sound great. I may try this later this week. Tonight and tomorrow night are filled with things to do, so I think I'll throw on some chili or soup for something quick.