Friday, March 7, 2008

Much Better

My second night in Utah was not so bad. I definitely felt more comfortable in my room alone and slept much better. (By the way, I spoke to a girl I work with who stayed at the same hotel - I had no idea she was also there. She also thought the place was creepy. I'm not just paranoid afterall.) While in Utah, I finished two books and started a third. I also pampered myself by painting my toenails (which I hadn’t done since the Christmas party for M’s work). This used to be a biweekly event for me so it is nice to have pretty toenails again.

I experienced two new things at the airport security in both Denver and Salt Lake City. They now have three different signs for the security lines. One is for the expert traveler who travels often, one for the casual traveler who is aware of the TSA rules, and one is for families with children. I believe the purpose of these distinctions is to allow those who are quick to get through security to not have to wait on those that are not quick. I am not sure how effective this is, but it was interesting. The last time I flew was toward the end of January, and this was not in place at that time. When I left Salt Lake City yesterday, I had to walk into this booth and stand still for a while. It shot air all around me. It is to check for explosives. This machine was only at 2 of the 4 security lines. M said he had seen this before at the Denver airport, but I’ve never noticed it there.

2 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

How interesting about the airport security. I don't remember seeing that in December. I guess I'll see soon enough. :)

How fun that you painted your toenails. I used to love doing that (or actually having N paint mine for me) but I can't remember the last time I had colorful toenails. That may be fun to do sometime soon.

Glad you're back home and glad your second night wasn't as bad as the first. I'd love to hear about the books you read. I've never heard of either of those authors. :)

Have a super weekend!

Susan said...

I've never heard of those new airport security lines either...and I just flew last night!!! But, I have done the air shooting thing at DFW...I thought it was hilarious! Didn't it make you giggle? I'm impressed with all that reading you did...I keep saying I'm going to get back into reading, but I'm not there yet!