Friday, March 14, 2008

Mother-in-law Update

I received this email early last week but keep forgetting to share it with you. Below is an update on my Mother-in-law's health. Thank you for praying and please continue to do so.

"Just a short note to let you know what is going on. In the past week, we have had a significant development that gives us much hope. My numbers for platelet and Hemaglobin have been rising which is a very good sign. This could be the first sign that the chemo is begining to shrink the tumors in the bones. While it is still early, there really is no other explanation. I see my oncologist on Thursday, and I am sure she is going to be very excited. I am feeling very well. I have good energy. Keep praying that the chemo is doing the trick and that soon I will be able to skip some of the transfusions. I bet this week Wed I am able to skip the first one as my numbers before transfusion this week on Monday were nearly as high as the limit set for the transfusions. I will keep you posted and keep praying for good results."

She was able to skip a blood transfusion last week. She has been receiving a blood transfusion every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday basically since Christmas so this is a big deal. I haven't heard anything since this update.

No comments: