Monday, March 17, 2008

Titus 2

I joined a Titus 2 team. It is a mentoring program for women in the church. I thought it would be good for me for many reasons…1) I could get to know more women within the church, 2) I could learn from older women in the church, and 3) I could be in the word with other women. I have 4 people on my team – the mentor (L) and 3 other ladies (T, B, and K). We had a tea on Saturday to meet our teams. Out of the entire church, there were only 11 women at this tea. I was shocked! We attend a pretty big church so it made me a little sad that only 11 people were interested in this opportunity. If my experience is good, I will have to recommend it to others for next year. Anyway, we will be meeting once per month (unless the group decides to meet more often) for a meal, Bible study, and prayer. I am excited about my group. This is what I know so far. I am the only one without children (L has two grown children and grandkids, T has two children under 2, B has four children 6 and under, and K has 8 children – 4 are biological and 4 are adopted). I would love to spend a day at K’s house to see how she does it all. I think that sounds exciting...hectic, but exciting. Only two of us work outside the home.

We will be meeting the second week of April for the first time. I am really looking forward to it. I'll try to update you on how it is going.

2 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

I'm sorry there aren't many women participating, but maybe that will give you an opportunity to learn more about fewer women. :) I can't wait to hear how it goes!

WAMM said...

That is cool. I hope that turns out to be a rewarding discipleship for you.