Friday, March 21, 2008

Utah before the sickness

Until I got sick, the Utah trip had been kind of fun (enjoyable, but I still would have rather been home). I went with a girl from work who was the first accountant actually hired for this region. In the beginning it was just the 2 of us on the team. Now only 3 years later, our team has around 13 people on it. Because I work at a satellite location, I don’t spend much time with the team so it is nice to be around and work with other people at times. We didn’t get nearly enough sleep while on the trip (which may have contributed to my getting sick). Sunday afternoon we flew into Salt Lake City and, after checking into our hotel (which was not creepy like the last one), drove immediately to the store in Park City. This is a ski town and you can see the ski jump from the 2002 Olympics when you drive into town. It's a very pretty location. We helped out at that store, ate dinner, and I didn’t get to bed until around midnight. Once we pulled into the hotel parking lot, my teammate noticed that she didn’t need to turn the car lights off. We’re not sure, but we think we may have driven from Park City back to our hotel in Salt Lake City (probably close to 25 miles) without the lights on…around 11:30! This is entirely possible because we were both so tired. I was so delirious that I just started laughing with tears running down my cheeks. Even the next day while recounting this to M, I still was laughing so hard I was crying. After working at 2 stores each, we met up for dinner Monday night and then went back to the hotel to work. I had another late night.

Then Tuesday, the sickness began. A couple of weeks ago when I was in Utah before, two other folks from my team were there as well. One girl had 6 laptops and a projector with her to aid in training the folks at the stores there. While she was there, all 6 laptops and the projector were stolen. The guy who was there stayed an extra day to go snow boarding. He ended up breaking his wrist. Here’s to good ole’ Utah.

No comments: