Sunday, March 9, 2008

Book/Author Reviews

Someone asked recently about a couple of the authors I've read.

Nicholas Sparks - You are probably aware of this author from the movie The Notebook. He wrote this book as well as some others. His books ALWAYS make me cry. I really enjoy his books, especially The Wedding. I would recommend you read that if you haven't already.

Harlan Coben - I would say this author's books are of the mystery genre. They remind me some of John Grisham's books. The main difference in my mind is that Harlan's books involve less legal verbage in the text. They are enjoyable to me.

Daniel Gottlieb - The book I just read by this author was a bit disappointing to me. It was letters from a grandfather to his grandson about life and love. The grandfather became a quadriplegic in his adulthood and his grandson has autism. It was a nice book, but the author's "religious viewpoint" bothered me.

Karen Kingsbury - A good friend recommended these books to me. I have never read much Christian fiction before and didn't know if I would like it or not. I loved this story. It continues in several more books that I can't wait to check out. I read this book in just a couple of days which hasn't happened much recently.

No comments: