Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blood Work

I went to the doctor last Friday to have some blood work done. I had talked to him before about my low blood pressure so I went to see if they could find anything that might be causing the low blood pressure (anemia, thyroid issue, etc).

When they measured my blood pressure Friday afternoon, it was 86 over 64. That is the lowest it's been as far as I know. I got a call on Monday that everything came back normal. Dr. C wants me to add salt to every meal, drink caffeine in the morning, and drop by Wally World to check my blood pressure periodically.

He said there's not really anything wrong with having low blood pressure if it's consistent and I'm not passing out or getting dizzy a lot. I do get dizzy when I bend over to pick up the puppy poop, but that's about it. We'll see if the caffeine and salt make any difference. He can put me on medication to improve the blood pressure but said he sees no reason to do that. After all, I am one of few Americans that are at less risk for heart attack and stroke.

I am curious if I would be any less tired taking some kind of medication. I guess I should do some internet research to see what I can find.

No comments: