Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Max Update

Here are a couple of pictures of Max taken last Friday. I was outside playing with Max while Matthew was adjusting the sprinklers. After retrieving the Chuck-It, Max would take a break in the grass. He didn't mind that the sprinklers were soaking him. In fact, it made getting a drink quite convenient.
He isn't really doing anything new. We have given him more freedom in the house while we are gone. I always make our bed before we leave for the day. When we get back home, Max has rearranged the pillows. He must put them all together and lay on them. That's all that I can figure.

When we first had Max, I made an effort to take him on long walks every day. I have slacked off a bit with that and need to start up again. After work today, we went for a walk/jog. I wish that I could run (no, everyone cannot run). I'm one of those people that people drive by and laugh about how I run/jog. It is not graceful or pretty in the least bit.

I took Max for a walk Sunday afternoon out in a field near our house. He found a HUGE bone that has to be a cow bone. He picked it up but didn't carry it for long because he was so tired and thirsty. Today when we got out to the field, he immediately ran to where he had left the bone. I was amazed that (1) he remembered he had even found the bone out there and (2) that he remembered where he had left it. I had already forgotten all about it. We had a nice walk today. My goal is to do that for the rest of the week.

We've had a rough week to week and a half. Max has for some reason decided that he's not going to sleep all night. There has always been the occasional night where I'll let him out to use the bathroom during the night. But lately he has been waking us up and whining several times during the night. We can't figure out what is going on. I hope the longer walks will help with this. Last night he awoke only once. I woke up to get a glass of water. Apparently neither Matthew nor Max heard me get up. Once I started making noise in the kitchen, Max sat up and growled at me.

2 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

He's such a cutie! I laughed several times during your entry today. :) I like his new bright green chuck-it! I'm not at all surprised about the bone...they're smarty-pants, our boys! Bexar likes the bed while we're gone, too. They're smart...that's the most comfortable place in the house! :) Do you think he might be hot during the nights? Just a thought...

Susan said...

SKIP, Mindy! It's better than jogging and is proven to make you happy!

You should get a recorder to see what Max is doing with those pillows. I'm curious now.