Sunday, June 29, 2008

the week that was

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of last week I had to work in Denver. Rather than staying in a hotel, I decided I would drive home each night. I am not fond of being away from home or staying in a hotel by myself most of the time. Wednesday and Thursday I put 357 miles on my car. Needless to say, much time was spent in my car last week.


Because I was so busy with work, I didn't remember until Wednesday that Max turned 10 months old on Tuesday. So this is his official 10 month old picture even though I didn't take it until Wednesday. He doesn't look upset though does he?













It was a warm week. We got to 90 several days. We have air conditioning, but the air does not circulate well in our house. The basement has to be several degrees cooler than the main level. So here you see Max taking advantage of the box fan we have at the top of the stairs. He is still one smart puppy.









Last night was a very pleasant evening without any breeze. That seems quite unusual for our area of town so we took advantage of it. Matthew read outside while I played with Max. We built this house (not with our own hands though) about 2 years ago. Many of our friends mention they wish they could do the same. We got a fantastic deal because Matthew's company also owns a home builder. Anyway, I took this picture to show you "the grass isn't always greener." In fact, ours is currently infested with red top (a weed). We also have a drainage problem you can see in this picture. The brown spots are places that actually hold water. We saw a bird stop by for a bath in one yesterday. That was first! We are going to have to do something about it soon because the ground is starting to smell. It is seriously disgusting and made playing in the yard last night seem like a bad idea. It didn't stop me though...I guess I had that thought after the fact.

Tonight we had a cul-de-sac party. Someone pulled their grill into the cul-de-sac. Everyone brought their own meat and drink and a side or dessert to share with everyone. Of the 9 houses (I think there are 9), only 5 were represented but we had a fun time visiting and eating. Here are a couple of pictures I took. Max was howling in the backyard so we decided to let him and see how he behaved. He literally went to each person as if to say "hello". A couple of kids played with him. He behaved very well. He was completely warn out. Matthew took him earlier in the afternoon to the lake to let him get some exercise swimming (and to clean him off from our disgusting yard). He is passed out next to me while I am on the computer. I hope he'll sleep well tonight. That would be a nice treat for us all.
















All in all it was a good week and weekend. And here we go again...

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

That's such a cute pic of Max in the grass. His tongue is HUGE but he looks cute with it hangin so far out of his mouth. :) The cul-de-sac party sounds like fun.

I can't believe you drove so far, but I can't blame you; I probably would have wanted to do the same thing! Hope your week is fantastic!