Monday, June 30, 2008

Walking Washer

I am pleased to report that we had an uninterrupted night of sleep last night. I seriously do not think Max even moved all night. When the alarm woke me this morning, he was in the same spot as when I turned off the lights last night. It was wonderful to have a good night's sleep! In fact, after the alarm went off Max wasn't sure he wanted to get off the bed. He was really slow and tired this morning. On a normal day, he tries to get us to play fetch with him as soon as he's awake. It was nice to see that he got so much exercise yesterday and was still worn out this morning. Once I got home from work, he was a recharged Max.

It turns out it was even better than I thought that I got a good night's sleep. I have so much work to do this week. Our quarter ends this Sunday. Normally, that does not mean a bunch of additional work, but this quarter I have a lot going on. I take care of the fixed assets for my region of the company. Each year every store and facility has to go through the fixed asset list to make sure they still have everything on the list. This causes a lot of work for me mostly because people wait til the last minute to take care of everything. I thought last year was a lot of work when I had to make all the changes for 13 stores/facilities...HA! This year I have to do it for 34 stores/facilities. It is challenging to find the time to take care of this on top of all my other work...but even more challenging to figure out what people's notes mean. I sent a list of specifically what I needed on each list. Half of the lists I got back were not complete so then I have to follow up with everyone. Apparently, these folks did not learn to follow directions completely in kindergarten. Fun, fun, fun. I seriously feel like I could work from now until Sunday non-stop in order to finish my work. Talk about stress. Today I realized that I feel like I am in quick sand and my head is just barely above ground. Each time I thought I was pulling myself out just a bit, something else would come my way that was equally important. Man am I ready for a vacation!

We had a Mr. Mom episode at our house this evening. I had a load of laundry in the dryer and another in the washer. When I went to check on the status of both loads, I found that the washer had moved. I've never had this happen. At first I assumed Matthew had moved the washer to get something from behind it. But when I asked him, he had no idea what I was talking about. Has this ever happened to you? I am not sure if you can tell much from these pictures. Just look at the lines on the tile. You will see that the dryer is straight and the washer is not...though it was just an hour ago. Strange... (Please ignore the mess and dirt in my laundry room.)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hey, I do fixed asset accounting, too! I did payroll for 9 years and then switched to fixed assets 2 years ago. Cool.

I bet you had a load of heavy things in the washer and it got off balance during the spin cycle. This has happened to me before, like with a load of jeans where all of them end up on one side of the tank, causing the machine to vibrate, knock, and jiggle out of place. It usually makes a lot of noise when this happens, though!