Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grilled Flank Steak with Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Salad

Grilled Flank Steak with Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Salad
Cooking Light March 2007

I made this for dinner last night. I really enjoyed it. The flavors in the salad were really good together. I have to say I love avocado, but I rarely buy it because it ends up going bad before I use it. I bought several this time around and we ate some on a hamburger the other day. That was yummy! This is another recipe I would definitely recommend. Our meat was a little tough because I cooked it longer than I should have. I am not so hot on the grill. We generally like our steak medium-rare. This was closer to medium or maybe a little more done than that. It was still yummy though!

I have been going through my older Cooking Light magazines recently. I got rid of several years worth before we moved to Colorado, but I have all the 2006, 2007, and 2008 (to date) issues. I decided to pull the 2006 and 2007 Spring issues out since the recipes tend to be seasonal. There are so many recipes that it is impossible to try them all since I don't cook something new every single day. I really enjoy trying their recipes. My only problem is that I have no idea where to store all the magazines. I can't bear to part with them while I'm still actively using the recipes from them. Let me know if you have any ideas!

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

This sounds delicious!

I was thinking about magazine storage the other day, and thought about storing mine in binders. Since they're just paper, they would be easy to hole-punch and stick in a binder. I think I'm going to do that with all of my stamping magazines. There are also magazine boxes that you can buy for storage. I found some pretty cheap cardboard ones at the grocery store.