Monday, April 7, 2008

Last weekend in March

The last weekend in March my folks came to visit. They came Thursday evening and stayed until Monday morning. We had a pretty low-key weekend which was nice. I cooked dinner a couple of nights, we went out one night to celebrate my birthday early, and one night we ordered pizza because I was not feeling well. I was able to take off Friday while they were here just to hang out. We didn't do much because it ended up being cold and a little icy outside. We ran a couple of errands Friday and went out to eat. We also generally play dominoes or cards while my parents are here. This is the only time M and I play either of these so that was fun.

Saturday we ran a few more errands and then went to the Olympic Center for a tour. There are 3 Olympic training centers in the US and one of them is here. This was not quite what I was expecting, but it was still pretty neat. We weren't able to see anyone training while we were there, but our tour guide is a weight lifter. The ladies will be qualifying in May I believe so we'll be looking to see if she made it to the Olympics or not. Her husband is a wrestler and is also hoping to make it to the Olympics.


Saturday ended up being a beautiful day in the 60s so we decided to leave Max outside for the first time. We got home, and Max had escaped. We were gone between 5 and 6 hours I think. He chewed through some landscape drain pipe and squeezed out between the fence and the house. You can see below that he must be a contortionist because there is no way he could just walk through that hole. We haven't fixed the hole yet, and he has gotten out a few more times while we've been home. The same neighbor has had him both times he got out. They have a golden retriever, Bealle, who is 4 I think. They enjoy playing and running around. At least he has a friend in the neighborhood.



Speaking of friends, some girls who live in the cul-de-sac next to our house got a golden retriever puppy last week, Ranger. This is the family who had to put their yellow lab down because of the hip displaysia. They came over on Friday morning and said their puppy was lonely and asked if Max could come over to play. Isn't that cute? They only kept him for about an hour, but I thought that was so cute. When they brought him back home, his head was covered in slobber. I think he had a really good time playing. I hope they will come ask him to play again sometime.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I've been to the Olympic training center before!! Have you been to the Figure Skating Hall of Fame yet? :-D