Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Prosciutto-wrapped Chicken Breast with Roasted Green Beans

Prosciutto-wrapped Chicken Breast with Roasted Green Beans
Everyday Food April 2008 p. 61

4 oz green beans, stem ends removed
2 tsp olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half
3 thin slices prosciutto
Lemon wedge, for serving

1. Heat broiler of toaster oven (or oven). On toaster-oven pan (or a small rimmed baking sheet), toss green beans with 1 tsp oil. Season with salt and pepper, and push to one side of pan.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper; wrap with prosciutto. Place chicken, seam side down, on other side of pan; rub with remaining tsp oil.
3. Broil until chicken is opaque throughout, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve chicken and green beans with a lemon wedge.

This recipe is only one serving. I bought about a pound of chicken tenders and used them all for this recipe. M and I really liked it. The proscuitto had a wonderful flavor with the chicken. Rather than roasting green beans, I just heated canned green beans on the stove with a couple of slices of bacon in the pan. We also had cucumbers and white onion in vinegar and water. This is something my parents used to make during the summer when we would have hamburgers. I’m not a huge fan of cucumbers, but I really like them this way because the longer they sit in the vinegar and water the more they taste like pickles rather than cucumbers.
We enjoyed this meal, and I enjoyed it even more because it comes together so quickly with really only one pan if you roast the green beans. M made one suggestion for this meal. He thought it would be good with a cordon-bleu sauce or a honey mustard sauce. I’ll have to try that next time because that sounds good to me as well.

No comments: