Monday, April 21, 2008

What inspires you?

I recently started reading a Christian fiction book series (written by Karen Kingsbury) recommended by my dear friend M. I am ashamed to say I was a bit skeptical about these books. I guess I thought it wouldn’t be very interesting, have a good story line, or something. I was completely wrong, and I have really enjoyed reading these books. There are 12 total in this series (broken up into 3 different series). I have read the first seven books and am picking the next 3 books from the library today. I feel like I have become so involved with the Baxters who are the main family in the series. In fact, not only do I really enjoy this series, I believe God has used this series to get me excited about reading His word again. I hate to admit that I have been having a hard time with this for quite a while now. However, I am now reading and absorbing and meditating on God’s word and enjoying it so much. It has brought a new joy to my heart in recent days. I am so excited about it. I hate that it took a book series to get me excited, but I am so glad God will use even a fictional book to get my attention.

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

Sometimes it takes the oddest things to get us back in the Word again, but thankfully God uses anything and everything to bring us back to Him! The Baxters feel like family to me...Codie and I have talked about it quite a bit and they are a family you grow to love. We both hate to know that there will one day be an end to the series! LOL