Monday, April 21, 2008

My dog ate my...

car registration. That is a sentence I never expected to say. For the past several weeks we have been leaving Max in the laundry room while we're at work. To that point, he had been staying in his crate while we were gone. So the laundry room was the next step. After I picked up the license plates and registration for the new car, they ended up sitting in the laundry room for a while. Thus, Max got a hold of the registration. So I got to go back to the DOT...fun. That place is seriously crazy busy. The Girl Scouts should camp out there and sell their irresistibly delicious cookies.

It seems like Max has not been feeling well the last couple of days. Generally, he is so excited to eat. He runs around and gobbles that food up just in case someone comes in to steal it. However, since the middle of last week he hasn't been that excited about it. I'm not sure what it is...is he tired of the same ole' food, is he not feeling well, is he too hot to eat? I am leaning toward either the first or the last idea. I have been watching him closely, and he is still using the bathroom regularly. So I don't think he's sick although I could be wrong. He is still very playful although he seemed pretty tired over the weekend. We like to just wear him out on the weekend while we're home, and this weekend the weather was BEAUTIFUL so we spent some time with him outside. He loves that! We are still feeding him two times each day. So if he's not interested in one of those meals, he generally eats really good at the next one. Because this is so unusual, I have been leaving the food out until he eats it.

Occasionally, I put treats and peanut butter in his Kong (one of the best toys). He really enjoys this. One day last week I told him I would give him a treat and some peanut butter. When I went to the pantry, we only had chunky peanut butter. I wasn't sure whether I should give it to him or not but decided I would since I told him he had some yummy peanut butter coming (I know he probably had no idea what I was saying, but I had to be true to my word, right?). I watched him playing with it and noticed something on the floor next to him. He had licked all the peanut butter out of the Kong and left the peanuts behind (on the floor for me to pick up, of course). How did he even do that? So from now on, we'll stick with the creamy peanut butter.

I think Max had a fun weekend. Friday night we had a couple over just to visit. They brought their 2 1/2 year old Golden Retriever. Max really enjoyed playing with Trigger. He just can't get enough of other dogs. He really loves them! They can come up to him and start barking, and Max will just wag his tail. Then Saturday M played with him outside throwing the ball for probably half an hour or so. The day was so beautiful we decided to also take him for a walk and throw his Flying Squirrel. He was exhausted the rest of the day. Yesterday M played with his ball again outside with him.

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

Oh my goodness, I've never heard of that! LOL Did the DOT people have a good laugh at that one? Hehe.

I'm sorry he's not feeling well. I seriously doubt he's tired of the food. Has he been eating grass at all? Usually when dogs' tummies are hurting, they will eat grass, which causes them to puke. Bex usually feels much better after that. It could also be your registration stuck in there...I hope he's back to his normal bouncy self soon.