Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary M!











Today M and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary. These are some of my favorite pictures from our wedding. It is fun to remember that day. It went by so quickly. There are things we would both change if we had it to do over again, but I loved every minute of it. And here we are 5 years later.
What have I learned in the last 5 years? Definitely more than I could write here.
  • Marriage is not like one long date.
  • Although I avoid conflict like the plague, it is important to get it out in the open and resolve it.
  • I never thought I could love anyone as much as I love M.
  • My best friend in the whole world is my husband.
  • It is important to go on dates with M.
  • Even though I love M dearly, marriage is still work...sometimes less and sometimes more.
  • When the Bible says that wives are to submit to their husbands and husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church, husbands actually have the harder part of that. And submitting is a beautiful thing...trusting your husband and allowing him to lead where the Lord directs.
  • Sometimes two pretty smart people can make a bad decision. You just have to admit it was a bad decision and move on. Unfortunately, you can't go back and undo it.
  • I can miss M during the work day even though I saw him in the morning and will see him again after work.
  • M cannot know my expectations unless I tell him what they are.
  • I cannot get mad at him if I did not let him know my expectations or dreams. He cannot read my mind.
  • Somehow I love M more today than ever before.
  • God is the only one who loves perfectly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I remember your wedding, it was so much fun. By the way, Happy Birthday also (so I forgot to call).

I will have to say ... I looked pretty good back then LOL :) ... oh the good ol' days.

Bethany said...

I was there that day!!! Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been FIVE years! We'll celebrate 2 next week. :)

WAMM said...

My favorite part of this post was your lessons learned. There are some really powerful and heart felt thoughts there. This may be my favorite blog post you've made so far. This and "I am" are my two favorites. And they are within one week. This must be a good week for you to be insightful. :-)